How do you know if your baby is sensitive to diapers? A sore, red bottom and blistered skin could result from a reaction to something else like food, diaper cream, or soap. But to be on the safe side, it never hurts to use the best diapers for sensitive skin. It just so happens they are good for diaper rash, too.
How do you know which diapers are safe for delicate skin? In general, they’ll be free of artificial fragrances and dyes. Most are processed without chlorine as well.
Better yet, it’s possible to find disposable diapers that are biodegradable and made with renewable resources. They protect your baby now and in the long run by preserving a healthy environment on the planet.[table id=2 /]
- 1 Best Diapers for Sensitive Skin in 2021
- 1.1 Pampers Pure Protection Disposable Baby Diapers, Hypoallergenic and Unscented
- 1.2 Huggies Special Delivery Hypoallergenic Baby Diapers
- 1.3 Earth + Eden Baby Diapers
- 1.4 Eco-Friendly Premium Bamboo Disposable Diapers by Andy Pandy
- 1.5 Seventh Generation Baby Diapers for Sensitive Skin
- 1.6 The Honest Company Clean Conscious Diapers
- 1.7 Thirsties Reusable Cloth Diaper
- 2 Conclusion
Best Diapers for Sensitive Skin in 2021
Now, here are the in-depth reviews of the best hypoallergenic diapers for babies with sensitive skin.
Pampers Pure Protection Disposable Baby Diapers, Hypoallergenic and Unscented
As popular as Pampers Swaddlers are, these diapers are better for susceptible skin. Pampers Pure Protection contain no latex, artificial fragrance, or parabens. The material isn’t bleached with chlorine, either. In fact, they are made without twenty-six allergens banned in the European Union, making them truly hypoallergenic.
It’s no accident that they were created by a scientist who’s also a mother of twin preemies. The absorbent cotton and plant-based liner keep the baby’s bottom dry for up to twelve hours. That’s extra helpful if you want to avoid bleary-eyed diaper changes. Meanwhile, the shea butter in the liner also soothes and protects the skin.
If you are worried about odor since they’re not perfumed, don’t be. The core has a mineral-based odor absorber. Yes, that’s kind of like kitty litter, but it works.
What’s more, there is a Wetness Indicator to show when the baby needs a change. It’s a simple pH-sensitive strip that changes colors. After we experienced this convenience, we didn’t want to go back to the old school diapers we used before. Plus, mothers and fathers who reviewed these diapers said they hold well without leaking.
- Completely free of latex, artificial fragrances, and parabens
- Plant-based liner with chlorine-free fluff and skin-soothing shea butter
- Absorbent core provides up to twelve hours of dryness
- Wetness Indicator pH-sensitive strip
- Mineral-based odor absorber
- Not everyone loves the printed designs
Huggies Special Delivery Hypoallergenic Baby Diapers
Are Huggies good for sensitive skin? The Special Delivery ones are. They are similar to the Pampers Pure Protection, made from plant-based materials and offering twelve hours of protection against wetness. They have a wetness indicator to show you when it’s time to change the diaper, too.
They’ve been dermatologist-tested and clinically proven as hypoallergenic, but you’ll have to take their word for it. The FDA doesn’t hold companies to any special rules regarding the term “hypoallergenic”. Still, the diapers are made from fluff pulp and sugarcane and are not bleached with chlorine. They contain no parabens or artificial fragrances.
Huggies says they are softer than any of their other diapers, and we believe it. The texture is significantly smoother. They fit similar to Little Snugglers and Little Movers in that they don’t leak and aren’t prone to blowouts.
- Ultra-soft material is free from chlorine bleach, parabens, and artificial fragrances
- Wetness indicator plus the ability to keep wetness at bay for up to twelve hours
- Dermatologist-tested to be hypoallergenic
- Good fit and mobility without leakage or blowouts
- Some parents wish these diapers had double closures
Earth + Eden Baby Diapers
This brand of diapers goes the extra mile to protect both your baby and the environment. For example, they don’t use latex, perfumes, parabens, or chlorine bleaching. They don’t even include lotion as that’s a potential allergen. The result is a clinically proven diaper safe for sensitive skin.
Next, they manufacture in the USA in a Zero Waste to Landfill Facility. Also, they use SFI-Certified fluff that’s been sustainably sourced. Even the ink is non-toxic water-based.
So, all that sounds great, but what are these diapers actually made of? It says they have a cotton-enhanced dryness layer and breathable outer cover. Dig a little deeper, and you’ll find that the absorbent stuff is wood fluff pulp and sodium polyacrylate. The material that prevents leakage is a blend of polyethylene and polypropylene.
Unfortunately, the diapers are not biodegradable. But they will help you get a little extra sleep as they keep the baby dry for up to twelve hours.
- Hypoallergenic disposable diapers with eco-friendly features
- Free of chlorine bleaching, parabens, fragrances, latex, and lotions
- Made in the USA in a Zero Waste to Landfill Facility with sustainably sourced materials
- Provide up to twelve hours of protection against wetness
- No wetness indicator
- Not biodegradable
Eco-Friendly Premium Bamboo Disposable Diapers by Andy Pandy
Instead of cotton, have you considered bamboo diapers? Bamboo is renewable and easier on the environment than growing cotton. It grows back rapidly and doesn’t require fertilizers or pesticides.
Moreover, bamboo is super-absorbent, excellent at working moisture away from the skin and regulating temperature. That means less chance of diaper rash.
Just as important, the bamboo liner is super soft and comfortable. It’s even naturally antibacterial. Combine that with the aloe liner and your baby’s skin will be ever so happy. Plus, you may end up spending less on diaper cream.
These plain white diapers are free of harsh chemicals including chlorine, latex, phthalates, PVC, and preservatives. They even have a wetness indicator stripe that turns bluish-green when it’s time for a change. Touch the inside surface and you’ll be pleased to feel how dry it is all the same.
To prevent leakage and blowouts, they have flexible side panels and an elastic waistband for a better fit. Unlike the big brands, this one offers a lifetime no-leak guarantee. If you aren’t pleased with the diapers, you can get a full refund. In the meantime, every purchase contributes to the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- Plain white diapers are made without latex, phthalates, PVC, and chlorine bleaching
- Made of sustainable bamboo that’s unbleached and free of pesticides and fertilizers
- Bamboo is naturally soft, antibacterial, and excellent at regulating temperature and moisture for preventing diaper rashes
- Wetness indicator strip plus a lifetime no-leak guarantee.
- Undecorated, no cute prints
Seventh Generation Baby Diapers for Sensitive Skin
If you have a newborn, you need to see these diapers. They have a unique extra-soft unbleached cotton liner plus a cutout for the umbilical cord. They are made without chlorine bleaching, artificial fragrances, and lotions. Instead, they have a special technology called FreshAIR that keeps the baby’s skin dry and comfortable.
Furthermore, these diapers are FSC-certified because the absorbent materials come from sustainable, responsibly managed sources. Not surprising from a brand that treads lightly on the Earth. The diapers have cute animal prints, too.
- Newborn diapers have an ultra-soft unbleached cotton liner and a notch for the umbilical cord
- Free of artificial fragrances and lotions
- FSC-certified as they use material from sustainable sources
- Adorable animal prints
- No wetness indicator
The Honest Company Clean Conscious Diapers
Here are the cutest diapers you’ll ever see. There are over many patterns to choose from, and they’re going to bring a smile to your face. You’re not going to want to cover them up. But are these diapers good for sensitive skin? Let’s find out.
First, the Honest Company manufactures them without chlorine processing, artificial fragrances, lotions, or latex. They are dermatologist-tested to be hypoallergenic.
Next, they have a touchably soft Cloudlike liner that wicks away moisture with plant-based materials that are sustainably sourced. This absorbent core holds up to seventeen times its weight in fluid. But there’s still a wetness indicator to show you when it’s time for a fresh diaper.
Lastly, they fit well and somehow avoid stinking. We understand that it’s due to naturally-derived citrus odor blockers.
- Adorable prints and a good fit make it tempting to leave them on display
- Made without chlorine processing, latex, artificial fragrances, and lotions
- Extra soft liner holds up to seventeen times its weight in fluid
- Wetness indicator and naturally-derived citrus odor blockers
- Not the least expensive option
Thirsties Reusable Cloth Diaper
Are cloth diapers good for sensitive skin? Yes, if they are washed with a fragrance-free detergent made for sensitive skin. And yes if they are changed when wet. But diapers are a hassle, right?
Not necessarily – Thirsties diapers make life a lot easier on mom and dad than the traditional cloth diaper. They are a more expensive investment upfront but can save quite a bit of money in the long run. Plus, they are potentially kinder to the environment as they are washable and reusable.
Moreover, they have a two-part system with a waterproof urethane coating to prevent leaks. The inner part for newborns is an insert made from 100% microfiber polyester terrycloth. As the child grows, you can use the 55% hemp 45% cotton insert instead. Before you think too hard on the topic of inserts, just know that you don’t need to pull them out when they’re soiled. Toss the whole diaper into the wash.
There is a downside, however. After washing and drying the diapers, someone will have to stuff the inserts back inside the liners. It’s best to queue up the next episode of your favorite show.
- Reusable cloth diapers with a waterproof outer liner, made in the USA
- Adjustable snaps to find the perfect fit
- Completely washable – no need to pull out soiled liners
- Several different colors and prints available
- Expensive to start with, but money-saving in the long term
Using diapers made for sensitive skin is smart from the get-go. They can help avoid irritation and rashes, protecting the baby and keeping her comfortable.
Although you might pay a little extra, many of the best diapers for sensitive skin are made with eco-friendly materials. That’s preserving the health of the planet for her in the future.
If you love the new diapers you found today, we’d love to hear about them in the comments below.